close

 

 

PAUL ANKA 

Everyday my papa would work to help to make ends meet 
每一天我爸爸都努力工作,好讓收支平衡 
To see that we would eat, keep those shoes upon my feet 
確保我們有飯可吃,讓我們腳上有鞋可穿 
Every night my papa would take and tuck me in my bed 
每天晚上爸爸都會帶我上床,為我蓋被 
Kiss me on my head after all the prayers were said 
在說完所有禱告之後親吻我的額頭 

Growing up with him was easy 
在他身邊成長非常輕鬆 
Time just flew on by 
時間就這樣飛逝 
The years began to fly 
歲月的腳步開始越來越快 
He aged and so did I 
他有了年歲,我也一樣 

I could tell that mama wasn't well 
我可以看出媽媽身體不太好 
Papa knew and deep down so did she, so did she 
爸爸知道,而在內心深處她也明瞭,她也明瞭 
When she died, my papa broke down and cried 
當她過世,爸爸崩潰並且哭泣 
All he said was, "God, why not take me?" 
他只是說,「上帝啊,為什麼不帶我走?」 

Every night he sat there sleeping in his rocking chair 
每天晚上他都坐在他的搖椅裡面睡覺 
He never went upstairs, all because she wasn't there 
他從不上樓去,只因為她不在那裡 
Then one day my papa said, "Son, I'm proud the way you've grown. 
然後有一天我爸爸說,「兒子,我很高興看到你長得這麼好 
Make it on your own. Oh, I'll be O.K. alone." 
去打你自己的天下,我自己一個可以平安無事的。」 

Every time I kiss my children, Papa's words ring true 
每一次我親吻我的孩子,爸爸的話就會在耳邊迴響 
"Your children live through you, they'll grow and leave you, too" 
「你的孩子延續你的生命,他們也將長大,並且離開你。」 
I remember every word my papa used to say 
我記得爸爸過去常說的每一句話 
I live them everyday, he taught me well that way 
我每天都奉行著它們,他把我教導得非常好 

Every night my papa would take and tuck me in my bed 
每天晚上爸爸都會帶我上床,為我蓋被 
Kiss me on my head after all the prayers were said 
在說完所有禱告之後親吻我的額頭 
Every night my papa would take and tuck me in my bed 
每天晚上爸爸都會帶我上床,為我蓋被 
Tuck me in my bed after my prayers were said... 
在我說完所有禱告之後為我蓋被……

arrow
arrow
    文章標籤
    anka paul
    全站熱搜

    larry 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()